Botox is a legal medicine (POM) & has to be prescribed by a prescribing clinician
What is "Botox"?
Botox is a naturally occurring protein that causes the muscles of the face to relax, consequently smoothing out wrinkles. It is the UK’s most popular cosmetic treatment for the removal of wrinkles.
How Botox works
Botox is injected by an expert physician into a muscle where it will stop the muscle from contracting. The Botox medication adheres to the nerve endings in the muscle and prohibits the neurotransmitter that triggers contraction from being released. When treating wrinkles, stopping muscle contraction causes the skin to appear smooth and less wrinkled.
Many types of wrinkles that appear with age, like 11 lines and forehead creases, are the result of years of dynamic facial muscle use, so injecting Botox into the underlying muscle results in a smoother, younger-looking forehead. When used to treat medical conditions such as chronic migraines, the Botox is carefully injected into specific muscles in the neck that are tense and hyperactive and may be contributing to the painful headaches. Contact Welton Aesthetics Clinic to arrange a consultation and see if Botox is right for you.
The expert Botox injectors at Welton Aesthetics Clinic use Botox to treat a variety of conditions.
Some of the common cosmetic uses of Botox are for the treatment of:
- Crow’s Feet
- Forehead Creases
- 11’s (Frown Lines)
- Gummy Smile
- Chin Dimpling
- Aging Neck
- Bunny Lines
- Square Jaw
If you're considering a Botox injection treatment, you may have a lot of questions. Here at Welton Aesthetics Clinic, we have taken the time to answer commonly asked questions pertaining to Botox for you here to help you decide if it is a treatment you'd like to pursue.
Q: How much does Botox Cosmetic cost?
A: The cost of Botox treatments is variable depending on the area of treatment and number of units of Botox required for optimal outcome. During your consultation, Mairin/we will assess your needs and devise a treatment plan tailored just to you.
Q: Does Botox hurt?
A: Botox injections are generally pain free, however, Mairin/we can apply a local anaesthetic cream to the treatment area before injection if you are concerned.
Q: What will the treatment involve?
A: The treatment will involve making a series of small injections into the muscles of your face. The injection process itself will only take several minutes.
Summary of your Treatment
|Procedure Time||30 minutes (Approximately)|
|Back to work||Immediate (Approximately)|
|Anaesthetic||No anaesthetic necessary|
|Full Recovery||24 hours (Approximately)|
|Sensitivity Period||1 hour (Approximately)|
|Duration Of Results||3-6 months (Approximately)|
|Risks & Complications||Infection, bruises, drooping brow or eyelid, allergic reactions (e.g. swelling)|
Contraindications for Treatment:
- Those with a known hypersensitivity to Botulinum Toxin Type A or to any of its’ excipients e.g. human albumin, and sodium chloride.
- Neuromuscular disorders such as myasthenia gravis or Eaton Lambert Syndrome.
- Pregnancy or breast feeding.
- Co-treatment with Aminoglycoside antibiotics, or medicinal products which interfere with neuromuscular transmission (e.g. tubocurarine - type muscle relaxants).
Post treatment advice
- Avoid high intensity exercise immediately following treatment
- Avoid touching/rubbing areas injected
- Avoid heavy alcohol consumption on same day
- Remain upright for 3hrs afterwards
- Exercise injected muscles
- Full effect will be at around 2 weeks
- Duration of action ~3 months
Cautions for Treatment:
- Caution should be used in those with coagulation disorders, or using anticoagulants due to the increased likelihood of bruising. The use of aspirin, high dose vitamin E, and high dose omega 3 oils, may be stopped for at least seven days prior to treatment to minimise bruising.
- Caution should also be used in patients with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or with peripheral neuromuscular disorders.
- Results may vary from person to person.
- Full list of side effects, cautions and contraindications will be discussed at face to face consultation.
Why choose Welton Aesthetics Clinic?
‘Botox’ has become a generic name for wrinkle freezing treatment and the brand currently used at Welton Aesthetics Clinic is Botox (Allergan)
Consultation & treatment on same day
Botox is kept in stock
Safe friendly treatment
“Top up’ service available between 2 to 4 weeks
Post treatment advice
Prices of Botox from £120